We meet once a month at The Old Town Hall, The Shambles, Stroud GL5 1AP
Brief history of The Old Town Hall
This is one of the first market houses in Gloucestershire. Built in 1590 by John Throckmorton, it originally stood alone in the centre of a square. Later alterations include the addition of a round arch and two classical columns, probably in the 16th Century, the Judges’ room and cell, added around 1850, and the removal of the upper floors in the nineteenth century. The Victorians converted the building into a town hall.
Parking is in the short stay car park at the end of Brickrow or the long stay car park on Parliament Street. The Old Town Hall is in the pedestrianised area of Stroud and a short walk from both carparks.